First Day of MoP Raiding (Hopefully)
With any luck we will have enough people online and ready to raid tonight. Theoretically we have exactly 10 raiders who are level 90 and are above an ilvl of 450, though we might not be geared enough to actually down a boss. I’ve heard that the recommended ilvl for Mogu’shan Vaults is 468, which would be full heroic 5-man gear, and I don’t think people have that yet. If we do raid tonight, it might just be a big wipe-fest.
I can’t believe that I might actually step into the first raid tier the night it opens. I’m both excited and nervous. I’ve never done progression with this guild, so I feel like I’m still proving myself to them and figuring out my place here. Progression raiding is much higher stress than farming bosses, so will I mesh with these people when we’re under pressure?
Today is going to be a busy day to get ready for raiding. Here is my to do list:
- Watch/Read boss strategy guides. (A guildie was looking for strat guides yesterday and complaining that all he could find was beta footage. I told him that’s because the raids aren’t available on live yet. I think I blew his mind.)
- Get Symbiosis add-on, if there is one, to tell me who gets what buff when I cast it. If an add-on doesn’t exist, print a spreadsheet for reference.
- Do dailies (but not the Anglers, because there is a limit to even my madness):
- Golden Lotus
- Cloud Serpent
- Get enchants ready (but don’t apply them until I know I’m wearing the gear I’ll be stepping into raid with).
- Get gems ready.
- Get raid consumables ready:
- Tome of the Clear Mind
- Run as many heroics as possible for last minute gear. Also run Coren Direbrew for the damned trinkets that never drop. Maybe a scenario for the daily loot bag.
- Transmog to be fashionable!
I hope I haven’t forgotten anything…